Why iPad?

I've spent quite a bit of money over the course of my life playing with various technologies and trying to find something that was the "Perfect Tool." I recently came to the conclusion that in searching for the perfect tool, we forget to make use of the tools that we have.

I started  this blog with the idea that we cannot make a decision about whether or not we like something or hate it without first knowing all sides of the equation. That said, I think there were too many failures and unrealized potential within the Windows 8 package. Windows 7 is a far superior product that is not attempting to be more than what it is. Because of that, I moved back to the Mac ecosystem.

Over the past six months or so I've been using an android phone and an iPhone. I've made a few comments in the past about my thoughts on Android vs. iPhone. This is more about Tablets.

While I feel that Android Phones (the good ones that update quickly and don't come loaded with 2.1) are generally superior to iPhones, I believe the tablets are an immense letdown.

The biggest reason I chose the iPad over the nexus 7 (and I owned a nexus 7 for about a year)  is be cause the apps are far superior to Android. Sure, the big name apps for the major companies are available on both, but while I prefer the Android Facebook app on my HTC One, it sucked on my nexus 7. The iPad version is near perfect.

And that goes across the board. There's not one Android app I've found that's superior to an iOS App on one of their tablets.

Why iPad? Because I can get more done, more quickly and without trying to figure out weird software titles. I'm not one to root through App stores digging for something that will work. I don't have the time or the energy to do that.

Simply put, Apple has a better solution.

That doesn't mean that will always be the case, but for now that's why I picked my iPad.

Specifically, if anybody cares, it's the iPad Mini with Retina Display, 32gig with AT&T LTE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Motorola Nightmare

Frustration

Real World Review of the Surface Laptop Studio